Sewing Machines Plus Review
A few weeks ago, I did a review of a terrific site for buying fabric, and if you like to sew or quilt, you’ll definitely need fabric. Fabric alone isn’t going to get you a finished dress or quilt. Unless you’re a glutton for punishment, you’ll want a sewing or quilting machine.
If you’re like a lot of people, you likely have the one you inherited from Mom or even Grandma. That was great for them, but if you’re serious about sewing, you’ll want something better and more modern. That’s where Sewing Machines Plus can help.
Sewing Machines Plus sells sewing machines, as the name suggests. But they also sell a lot more than that, including just about anything you could possibly need to create anything using fabric and thread.
Sewing Machines Plus has hundreds of sewing machines, quilting machines, sergers and more, including ultra-heavy duty industrial machines, if you’re the sort that likes to sew in high volume.
They’ve also got free shipping on most orders, a great guarantee and a price policy that’s hard to beat.
Read on for the full Sewing Machines Plus review.
Click here to visit the Sewing Machines Plus Website (new window)
Sewing Machines Plus Overview
Sewing Machines Plus has been in business for more than 40 years. The company operates out of San Marcos, California, and they have an actual brick and mortar store there. If you’re in the neighborhood, you can stop in and look them up. On their site, you can also take a virtual tour of the store, so you can get a good idea of what they have in stock.
It’s a lot!
Most people who need a sewing machine either drag out their antique that’s been hanging around the family for decades or they run down to Wal-Mart or somewhere similar to buy whatever is available. If you’re sewing something once a year, either of those solutions might work for you.
If you sew on a regular basis (and you would, if you had a great machine,) you’ll want something better. But what do you need?
Sewing Machines Plus has hundreds of machines from which to choose, in a wide variety of specialties and price ranges. That means that you can buy the machine that you need at a price that you can afford.
They have them in prices ranging from a low of about $69.99 to a high of more than $13,000. Obviously, most people aren’t going to need a machine in that range, but there are literally hundreds of machines in between, each with their own unique features.
You just need to find the one you need. But sewing machines aren’t all they sell at Sewing Machines Plus. Sewing Machines Plus also sells sergers, quilting machines, embroidery machines (yes! Machines just for embroidery!), and industrial machines.
They also sell sewing furniture. Sure, you can sit your sewing machine on a card table if you like, but why not get a dedicated sewing table that has drawers for storing your thread, needles, bobbins and other accessories? You’d have everything in one convenient place.
Reasons to Shop at Sewing Machines Plus
There are a number of reasons why it makes sense to shop at Sewing Machines Plus, rather than to just buy a machine from anywhere. Here are a few of the benefits that Sewing Machines Plus has to offer:
- Free shipping within the lower 48 states on orders of $49 or more. Sewing machines are big, bulky, and heavy. They cost a lot to ship, but if at Sewing Machines Plus, it’s usually part of the price.
- Price match guarantee – Find it cheaper somewhere else? Let them know and they’ll match the price.
- Financing available. Don’t have the cash to pay in full right now? Sewing Machines Plus can arrange financing with low monthly payments and interest as low as 0%. Really. Check with them for details.
- 60 day money back guarantee – Sewing Machines Plus wants you to be happy with your purchase. If not, just give them a call and they’ll refund your money.
- Need help? Sewing Machines Plus has expert sewing machine consultants on staff. They can help you find the machine you need with the features you want. Just give them a call.
- Service – Sewing Machines Plus offers service for most makes and models of machines, from routine repairs to more serious problems.
- Three year warranty – Many of their machines (and all of their long-arm quilting machines) come with a free 3 year warranty against defects in materials and craftsmanship. That’s hard to beat.
- Lifetime support for your purchase. Buy your machine from Sewing Machines Plus, and they’ll help you out with any problems you have with it for the life of the machine.
It’s easy to shop at Sewing Machines Plus, too. You can select a category at their site, such as sewing machines or quilting machines, or you can browse the “Recently Added” section to see what’s new in their store.
Besides machines, Sewing Machines Plus also sells sewing supplies such as thread, bobbins, embroidery designs, needles, scissors, and even vacuum cleaners so you can clean up your mess after you’ve created your quilting masterpiece.
Sewing Machines Plus Summary
Buying a sewing machine is something that a lot of people do without giving it a lot of thought, mostly because they don’t realize that there are lots of machines out there and that buying the one that’s best-suited to your needs will save you both time and money.
Sewing Machines Plus can help you by providing you with the expertise you need in selecting a machine, along with having a stock of hundreds of machines from dozens of different brands. They offer free shipping on most purchases, a 60 day money back guarantee, financing on many of their machines, and fast shipping.
If you’re looking for a sewing or quilting machine, you should definitely give Sewing Machines Plus a look.