Couture Candy Review
There are reasons for that; I, like most people, tend to shop for bargains, as I don’t have a lot of money to spend. Still, I try to cover a broad spectrum of shopping sites here, and that means that sometimes, I need to cover sites that are amazing but not targeted specifically to the budget-conscious.
That’s where Couture Candy fits in. Don’t get me wrong; Couture Candy does have its share of bargains. Thousands of them, in fact.
But Couture Candy is a fashion store that can be pretty pricey if that’s where you want to go. They’ve got thousands of dresses, hundreds of pieces of swimwear, some amazing jewelry, along with jeans, tops, sweaters, and more.
Couture Candy is a pretty incredible store, and today, I’ll tell you some more about it.
Read on for the full Couture Candy review.
…our fashion savvy and value conscious customers the most sought after styles from top designers, at competitive prices! At CoutureCandy, we believe that “value” is a combination of the latest trends, the most popular brands, and high end apparel & accessories at the best possible price.
That sums it up pretty well. Couture Candy offers clothing and jewelry from nearly three hundred designers at discount prices, and they’ve got an incredible amount of stuff in inventory.
I did a quick look at their inventory:
- 21,000 dresses
- 5500 dresses on sale
- 300 swimsuits
- 2500 jewelry items
Dresses are the man calling card at Couture Candy, and with that many dresses in stock, they need to make it easy to find the one you’re looking for.
They’ve done that; you can sort through them by
- Popular Dresses categories (Prom, Party, Cocktail, Plus-Size, Homecoming, etc.)
- Event (Wedding, Sweet 16, Quinceanera, Military Ball, Wedding, etc.)
- Length (High Low, Long, Short, Knee Length)
- Style (A-Line, Sexy, V-Neck, Evening, Open Back, Halter, etc.)
- Detail (Floral, Sequin, Pastel, Embroidered, Neon, etc.)
- Designer – Got a favorite designer or fashion house? Just pick from the list of nearly 300 and you can browse to your heart’s content.
When you click on an individual item, you’ll see a full description, the name of the designer, and a list of available sizes and colors.
Some designers have special or non-standard sizing; if that’s the case, Couture Candy will let you know and offer a link to that particular brand’s sizing chart.
You’ll also see a number of photos of the item from different angles.
Finally, each page at Couture Candy has reviews of that particular item from people who have purchased it in the past.
There are a number of reasons why you might wish to shop at Couture Candy, and they offer some fairly compelling ones:
- U.S. based – This means you’re less likely to run into sizing problems, as you might from Asian fashion retailers. You’ll also get faster shipping, as everything ships from within the U.S.
- Free shipping for qualifying orders (this applies to orders over $99 and all items from some manufacturers). Expedited shipping is also available.
- No sales tax outside of the state of California
- Easy returns – They accept returns within 5 days of receiving the item. Unlike some retailers, Couture Candy even accepts returns on wedding gowns, subject to some restrictions. See the Website for details.
- Price match – Find the same item at another site or store for a lower price? Couture Candy will match it.
- An absolutely incredible inventory of beautiful dresses, jewelry, and more.
Their dresses are priced from a low of $24 to a high of about $5500 or so. That’s quite a range, and it’s easy to faint when you see that they have dressed for $5000 or more.
But that’s a bit misleading. While they have tens of thousands of dresses in stock, they only have about 100 or so that are priced at more than $2000.
On the other hand, they have more than two thousand dresses that are priced at $100 or less.
Not only that, but Couture Candy has a huge sale section, with prices marked down as much as 70%. That’s not a token collection of items, either. There are more than five thousand dresses in the sale part of the store.
Pricing of the jewelry is similar to the pricing of the dresses, with a range that’s scary (items up to $45,000!) but then you see that most of the items that Couture Candy has for sale are actually priced at $100 or less, and they do have a terrific selection of bracelets, earrings and necklaces to complement their dresses.
For payment, Couture Candy accepts major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) and PayPal. The site is fully secure (https:) so you can be assured that your personal data is safe.
You can track your order on the site by entering your order number into their tracking application.
Shipping is free for orders of $99 or more (though some parts of the site say $150; this is a bit confusing.) Orders of less than $100 come with a reasonable shipping charge, and expedited shipping is available if you’re in a hurry.
Couture Candy offers easy returns; the site says you can return items within 14 days of purchase for a refund to your credit card (though other parts of the site say 5 days. Be sure to check with them on this.)
Wedding gowns may be returned, but Couture Candy has special requirements for that. Still, most retailers won’t take wedding gowns back at all, so that’s a huge plus.
If you like designer dresses and fashionable jewelry and you’d like to buy famous brands and well known designers instead of budget (but still attractive) clothing from foreign retailers, you absolutely need to have a look at Couture Candy.
They offer thousands of dresses and accessories, from hundreds of well known designers at discount prices. They have a huge sale section, free shipping for qualifying purchases, and an easy-to-use interface that makes it a breeze to find that perfect dress for your next special occasion.
If you like shopping for gorgeous dresses (and who doesn’t?) then checking out Couture Candy is a must.
Click here to visit the Couture Candy Website (new window)