Passion Lilie Review
It’s fun to shop for clothing, and clothing from around the world can be interesting, affordable, and can provide some styling that you won’t necessarily find in most clothes sold domestically by major brands.
The problem with clothing sourced from outside of the West is that it often comes from questionable sources and is frequently made in “sweatshops,” where the people who make the clothing are both overworked and underpaid.
Passion Lilie knows this, and the New Orleans-based company has made a conscious effort to sell quality clothing that offers the fashion and styling that comes from an interesting part of the world while also providing the peace of mind that comes with knowing that the clothing was not manufactured by exploited workers.
Passion Lilie offers clothing for men and women with affordable prices and a good selection.
Click here to visit the Passion Lilie Website (new window)
Read on for the full Passion Lilie review.
These days, with everyone carrying a cellphone, most people don’t really need a watch. Still, they’ve long been considered a fashion accessory, but lots of “fashion” watches sell for thousands, or even tens of thousands, of dollars. Many other watches just look and feel cheap, and don’t really offer anything in the way of style.
Deewatch offers a simple, elegant alternative to that in their watch line. Their watches are fashionable, but they offer a fun, casual look that you can customize to suit your own style. Deewatch also won’t break your bank or your budget, as their watches, while not exactly cheap, are fairly affordable as fashion watches go.
Click here to visit the Deewatch Website (new window)
Read on for the full Deewatch review.
Everybody seems to love animals, but real ones are often a lot of trouble to own and maintain. Stuffed animals, on the other hand, are attractive, comfortable to the touch and can still listen to you when you need to complain about what’s wrong with your day.
Choosing a stuffed animal can be time consuming, and finding one that’s “just right” can take time. Fortunately, StuffedAnimals.com has just the solution, as they have more than 5000 different stuffed animals in stock. It’s all they sell and when stores specialize, they can often show you lots of interesting merchandise that you might not find just anywhere else.
Click here to shop at the StuffedAnimals.com Website (new window)
Read on for the full StuffedAnimals.com review.
Van Gogh Studio Review
It’s nice owning a home or even having your own apartment, but decorating it can be a headache. What do you do with the walls? A lot of people do nothing, but a piece of artwork, such as an oil painting, on your walls can add a splash of color.
An oil painting can also provide a good conversation starter when you have company, especially if that painting is one that’s recognizable to your guests.
But famous oil paintings can cost a fortune, right? That’s where Van Gogh Studio can help you.
Van Gogh Studio sells reproductions of famous paintings by Vincent Van Gogh, a Dutch painter who is so famous that practically everyone recognizes his work, and even the names of some of his paintings are known to people who aren’t overly familiar with fine art.
Where Van Gogh’s original paintings have literally sold for more than $100 million, you can buy a reproduction from Van Gogh Studio for a fraction of the price – as low as a few hundred dollars.
Click here to visit Van Gogh Studio (new window)
Read on for the full Van Gogh Studio review.
Anjays Designs Review
If you’re buying a ring for any occasion, you’d like it reflect who you are and show off your own sense of style. This is true if you’re buying an engagement ring, a wedding ring, a birthstone ring, or just a ring to wear for fun.
Most of the time, that’s easier said than done, as the vast majority of jewelry that’s sold today looks as though it was all designed by the same person. Instead of focusing on the style of the jewelry itself, most jewelry sold today focuses on the gemstones involved.
Anjays Designs is different. Anjays Designs makes rings. The site says they sell “jewelry,” but really, they sell rings for all occasions. But their rings are special. They’re designed by Anjay himself, who has 25 years of experience in CAD design.
What that means is that he’s able to focus on the design itself, and Anjays Designs offers a stunning collection of rings that are designed with nature in mind. They evoke plants, flowers, leaves, vines, and even rope to give produce a beautiful collection of jewelry that looks natural in style and gorgeous to wear.
Click here to visit the Anjays Designs Website. (new window)
Read on for the full Anjays Designs review.
Anjays Designs Overview
It’s easy to see why most jewelers focus on the gemstones themselves; that’s where they make their profit. The prices of gemstones often include huge markups, and that’s why most jewelers try to get you to focus on the stone you are buying, rather than the ring itself.
Anjays Designs is different. Yes, they sell rings with gemstones, but if you browse their store, you’ll see that the stones are not the focus of the product, nor is the metal used. When you get to the page for an individual item, you’ll have choices of both gemstone and precious metal, but first, you have to decide on the style.
And what style they have! Among the various collections of rings offered by Anjays Designs are:
- Spring Collection – These rings are inspired by nature itself, featuring precious stones set among leaves, flowers and vines.
- Fleur de Lis Engagement Rings – A variety of nature-inspired rings, each of which features at least one fleur de lie in the setting.
- Rope Engagement Rings – These are natural looking rings that appear as though they are made of small ropes. They’re not, of course; they’re made of gold or platinum, but they have a rustic, natural look to them.
- Celtic Engagement Rings – These rings have a Middle Ages look to them, with many of them featuring a Celtic trinity knot. These rings are available as individual engagement rings or as part of a wedding set.
- Pearl Rings – While diamonds, sapphires and other gemstones are certainly the favorites, they’re not essential. If you prefer the elegant simplicity of a pearl, rather than a diamond, Anjays Designs offers more than 100 different rings that feature a pearl as the primary stone.
- Birthstone Rings – While many people celebrate an engagement or a wedding with a fine ring or set, others prefer to buy jewelry that reflects the month of their birth. Anjays Designs has rings for every month of the year, each set with that month’s particular birthstone.
- New Arrivals – Anjay adds new designs to their store all the time. If you’d like to see the latest items in their various collections, you can see them by clicking on the “New Arrivals” link on their home page.
Anjays Designs Features
- Variety – Anjays Designs literally has thousands of ring designs. All you need to do is select the general style (Celtic, Spring, etc.) and then you can filter them out by the type of metal (gold, yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, platinum) or the type of stone you’d like to have in the ring (diamond, black diamond, sapphire, white sapphire, moissanite, etc.)If you aren’t sure what you’d like, you can always use the pulldown menu to sort by price (low to high or high to low) or just select “best selling” to see what other people have chosen. That might inspire you.The possibilities are endless, and if you don’t see something you like (not likely) you can contact them and they can probably make it. All of their rings are available in a wide variety of sizes, as well.
I was surprised to see the variety they offered even among pearl rings. You’d think that a pearl is a pearl, but Anjays Designs offers an amazing variety of pearl rings, including black pearls, which are available in more than 100 settings.
- Easy Comparisons – Because Anjays Designs has so many different rings, it can be difficult to decide which ones you like the best. Fortunately, the Website has a nice comparison feature that allows you to compare several rings at once.
- Testimonials and reviews- They have been selling beautiful rings for years, and Anjays Designs has a testimonials page where you can see comments from previous buyers. Many of the individual pages for rings also have reviews from previous buyers.
- Shipping and Returns – Anjays Designs ships all over the world from their location in Los Angeles, California. If you are not happy with your purchase, they’ll accept returns for up to 10 days from the time you receive it.
- Pricing – Anjays Designs has a broad range of prices to suit most budgets. Rings on the site range from a low of about $150 for a wedding band to a high of about $7000 for a platinum wedding ring engagement set set with multiple diamonds.
Anjays Designs Summary
Buying a ring for a wedding, an engagement, a birthday present or any other special occasion is not something you do every day. Given that it’s something you don’t do very often, you should make sure that the ring that you buy is as special as the occasion that warrants the purchase.
That means that you may wish to avoid the mass-produced rings that are sold at the major jewelry stores that you see at the mall. Instead, why not go with a ring that was designed from the ground up to be a work of art unto itself?
By shopping at Anjays Designs, you can choose from hundreds of different designs, all of which are inspired by nature. You can choose your gemstone, your precious metal and the style that best reflects your own personal sense of style.
Anjays Designs rings are truly gorgeous. You owe it to yourself to have a look.
Cowgirl Kim Review
Western wear has long been popular among the public, but most of the attention to western “fashion,” such as it is, has been devoted to men. For women, the styles are fairly simple and there’s rarely a lot from which to choose. You’re left with denim, and perhaps a top with rhinestones, and maybe some boots.
Cowgirl Kim hopes to change that, offering a wide selection of western-styled clothing, jewelry and accessories for women that you’ll be excited to own and proud to wear. These clothes aren’t an afterthought; they’re designed from the ground up to give you the look you want while still remaining both comfortable and stylish.
If you like the western look but feel a bit constricted by the typical lack of selection, you’ll find that Cowgirl Kim has a lot to offer.
Click here to visit the Cowgirl Kim Website (new window)
Read on for the full Cowgirl Kim review.
Cowgirl Kim Overview
Most fashions in the United States tend to come from companies that are based in either New York or Los Angeles. If you’re a fan of western fashions, you’re likely going to scratch your head and wonder what on Earth people from New York are going to know about western fashion.
“Not much,” you’d likely think, and you are probably right. Cowgirl Kim, on the other hand, is based in the heart of where you’d think western wear should come from. Cowgirl Kim is based in Fredericksburg, Texas, and the founder of the company, Kim Moncure, grew up there as the daughter of a rancher.
She’s long had an affinity for all things “western,” and in 2005 she took her educational background in art and design and founded Cowgirl Kim with the goal of offering “high fashion” western clothing for women that offers an “edgy sense of style.”
I think you’ll find that to be exactly what they have to offer.
The Cowgirl Kim Store
Inside the Cowgirl Kim store, you’ll find a wide variety of fashionable clothing in sizes ranging from XS to 2X.
The store offers:
- Outerwear – Jackets/Dusters, Cardigans & Sweaters, Ponchos, and vests
- Cowgirl Tops – Blouses, Tees, Tunic Tops, Tanks,
- Bottoms – Leggings, Pants, Skirts
- Dresses – Long and Short
- Plus Sizes – Bottoms, Cardigans & Sweaters, Dresses & Skirts, Jackets, and Ponchos
- Jewelry – Bracelets & Watches, Earrings, Necklaces, Pendants, Rings
- Handbags – Handbags, Laptop Cases, Totes, Wallets
- Belts – Concho Belts, Corset Belts, Heirloom Belts, Hip Belts
- Extras – Cowgirl Hats, Scarves/Shawls, Gloves, Casual Shoes
The clothes offered at Cowgirl Kim are far more than the usual fare that you’d see at a typical “western” store. These are attractive items that are hand-picked by Kim and her staff to reflect a sense of style that will have you feeling comfortable while turning heads when you walk into the room.
I think you’ll agree from the photos here on this page that these are indeed unusual and attractive clothes.
The jewelry section of the store was particularly striking. Kim says that she and her staff go out of their way to find locally-sourced and produced jewelry that isn’t mass produced. The bracelets, earrings and necklaces in the store have a decidedly western look to them, as they make extensive use of silver and turquoise. There were a number of stunning pieces for sale there, with prices ranging from under $20 to over $3000.
Pricing at Cowgirl Kim may be a bit higher than you’re accustomed to seeing for western wear, but perhaps less expensive than you might encounter when buying other “designer” clothing. Blouses and dresses are typically in the $100-$500 range. Jackets were priced from just under $100 to a bit over $3000. Boots ranged from just under $100 to about $100 or so.
For those who are a bit squeamish about price, I was pleased to see that there was a sale section in the Cowgirl Kim store, and it wasn’t just a token couple of items that were $5 off. There were more than 100 items on sale and the sale prices offered some fairly substantial discounts off of the regular retail price.
The sale items, like all of the merchandise at Cowgirl Kim, are limited in quantity.
Each item for sale in the store has customer reviews, when available. If you’re unsure about an item, or just need help picking out something that’s right for you, there’s a live chat available during most business hours. A Cowgirl Kim staff member will be happy to help you pick something out.
For payment, Cowgirl Kim accepts all major credit cards. If you’d prefer, you can also pay by PayPal. The site is fully secure (https:) so you won’t have to worry about hackers stealing your personal information while you shop. Cowgirl Kim accepts returns within 10 days of purchase. They want you to be satisfied, so if you’re unhappy with your purchase, just let them know.
If you aren’t sure exactly what you want, or you want to buy something for someone special but aren’t sure what they want, you can always purchase a Cowgirl Kim gift card. Gift cards are available in denominations from $50 to $500, making it easy for you to shop for someone else.
Shipping is handled via UPS and overnight shipping is available as an option at checkout, just in case you simply can’t wait.
Cowgirl Kim Summary
I’ve never really thought of “western” as being my style, aside from wearing a pair of jeans every now and again. I might be rethinking my position after visiting the Cowgirl Kim site. I had no idea that western wear for women could be so diverse or attractive, or, dare I say it – sexy.
Cowgirl Kim offers a wide variety of beautiful, well-designed casual clothing for women that ranges from dresses to blouses, jackets, dusters and boots, along with the belts, handbags and jewelry that you need to accessorize.
If you like the western style but have been frustrated at the selection you’ve seen for sale in your local stores, you owe it to yourself to visit Cowgirl Kim.
Fortunately, the solution is an easy one – you need to get your cats some furniture of their own. You could build something if you’re the handy type, or you could run down to Wal-Mart or Petsmart to see if they have something that will do, and they might.
Or, if you’re interested in buying cat furniture that will suit both you and your pet, you might want to take a look at CatsPlay. CatsPlay bills itself as the “cat furniture superstore,” and that may actually be accurate. CatsPlay is a Website that specializes exclusively in cat furniture, and they have an astonishing variety of cat trees, cat condos, cat gyms, wall furniture, window perches, and necessities such as litter boxes.
They’ve got it all and they’ve got a selection you wouldn’t believe. They even have free shipping on hundreds of items.
Click here to visit the CatsPlay Website (new window)
Read on for the full CatsPlay review.
CatsPlay isn’t new; they’ve been online since 2002. The site’s owner, Brian Bettar, has been building cat furniture for more than 30 years. Now, the site, based in Santa Cruz, California, probably offers more cat furniture than anyone else.
If you haven’t spent much time thinking about cat furniture, you might be surprised at how many options are out there. A lot of “cat furniture” consists of little more than a box or perhaps a pole with a shelf attached. It might be covered with carpet.
You can certainly buy such things at CatsPlay, but you’d be quite surprised at the variety of items that are available. Fortunately, there’s a series of convenient pulldown menus that make it easy to see what’s thee. Not only does the menu have a list of categories, but it shows you how many items are in each category.
For instance, if you select “Cat Furniture by Type,” you’ll see a list that includes:
- Cat Trees
- Cat Condos
- Cat Gyms
- Cat Scratching
- Cat Window Perches
- Cat Wall Shelves
- Cat Modular Systems
- Indoor Cat Enclosures
- Outdoor Cat Houses
If you select “Cat Furniture by Style,” you’ll see a list that includes:
- Budget Cat Furniture
- Carpeted Cat Furniture
- Faux Fur Cat Furniture
- Realistic Cat Trees with Leaves
- Modern Cat Furniture
- Rustic Cat Furniture
Some of these categories literally have hundreds of items in them. Yes, CatsPlay does have the standard “pole with a shelf” sort of cat furniture if you want it, but they have so much more, including some interesting categories, such as:
- Cat Trees With Leaves – These are trees that have shelves for your cats to play on, but they also have leaves, and are designed so at a casual glance, they look like a large plant or tree. This is ideal for someone who wants to have a nice piece of cat furniture, but who doesn’t want that cat furniture to stand out in any way. These realistic trees with leaves look like regular plants, and will enhance your home’s decor while still providing entertainment for your pet.
- Carpeted Cat Furniture – There are several advantages to carpeted cat furniture. Cats find that it gives them something to scratch, and it also gives them something to grab if they happen to be climbing. For owners, the advantage of carpeted cat furniture is that you can match your home’s own decor. At CatsPlay, you’ll even have the option of selecting the carpet color you’d like, making it easy to buy cat furniture that matches the carpet in your home.
- Wall Furniture – This category is pretty clever; it’s a series of wall-mounted shelves that allow your at to climb, or sit, or play, depending on the configuration. The nice thing about the wall furniture is that it doesn’t take up any space that you might otherwise need for actual people furniture. Instead, it’s mounted up on the wall and out of your way. Addtionally, wall furniture gives your cats something to do that’s a lot more fun for them than your standard cat condo.
- Unusual litterboxes – A cat litterbox is a necessity, but there’s no reason why it needs to be an eyesore. CatsPlay has a large selection (more than 50) of litterboxes that include a number of designs that won’t look out of place in your home and won’t attract unwanted attention. In fact, some of them have an odor-absorbing light that makes things smell better for you and your family.
There are a number of reasons why you might want to shop for your cat furniture at CatsPlay, including:
- Free shipping on hundreds of items. While CatsPlay doesn’t have free shipping on everything, they do have free shipping on much of their merchandise. When I checked the site this morning, they had 452 items that included free shipping. Given that a lot of cat furniture is both large and heavy, shipping is usually pretty expensive. By offering free shipping on a large number of items, CatsPlay is saving you money in shipping costs.
- Sale items – CatsPlay has a “Specials” section that has a number of items that are on sale. When I checked the site recently, there were more than 150 items on sale in the Specials section. They also have other deals, offers and deeply discounted items listed on their site.
- Multiple easy payment options – CatsPlay currently accepts most major credit cards via a secured Website. You can also pay by PayPal, if you prefer.
- Pricing – Pricing for cat furniture at CatsPlay runs from a low of about $40 to a high of about $900 or so, which means that they should have something to suite everyone’s budget.
If you just need a piece of cat furniture, you can grab something at your local pet store or even build something out of scrap lumber and carpet. But why do that when you can visit CatsPlay instead? CatsPlay has an assortment of hundreds of pieces of cat furniture in all price ranges and styles.
You can choose from standalone units, wall mount units, window mount units, and on the carpeted furniture, you can choose the color of carpet you’d like. They have realistic cat trees that will look like plants in your home, allow you to buy something for your pet that will make your home look more attractive, too.
Hundreds of items include free shipping and they usually have a number of items on sale. All in all, CatsPlay should have something to interest any cat owner.
Z Chocolat Review
The chocolate that we consume most of the time, while tasty, is actually pretty mediocre as chocolate goes. In order to make most consumer-grade chocolate affordable, manufacturers add chemicals and fillers and turn what could be an out-of-this-world delicacy into something that’s merely adequate.
Z Chocolat, a company based in France, is taking a better approach. They treat chocolate like the fine luxury item it should be, creating handcrafted chocolates in 26 varieties and packaging them in exquisite, custom made boxes.
If you’re a fan of chocolate and you’ve never treated yourself to it when it was properly prepared, you’ll be astonished at what Z Chocolat can do for your palate.
Click here to visit the Z Chocolat Website (new window)
Read on for the full Z Chocolat review.
Z Chocolat Overview
Z Chocolat is based in France, and that is where they make all of their chocolates. The man in charge of creating these delicacies is Pascal Caffet, and he literally has spent his entire life creating high quality chocolate. It’s his job and his passion.
Z Chocolat offers 26 varieties of chocolate – each with its own distinctive character, flavor, and in many cases, filling.
You can purchase assortments, entire boxes of just one kind, or you can pick and choose and select an assortment yourself. There’s a page on the Z Chocolat Website that describes each of them in detail, making it easy to find something that’s perfect for your palate or that of your loved one.
You’ll be pleased to know that 25 of Z Chocolat’s 26 chocolates contain no animal fat, and most of them (all but 4) are gluten-free, as well.
Each piece of chocolate is embossed with the company’s “Z” logo.
But it’s the packaging that makes the wares from Z Chocolat truly stand out. We’ve all seen those sampler boxes of chocolates from the mall that come in flimsy boxes, and if you’re buying run-of-the-mill chocolate, that’s what you can and should expect.
At Z Chocolat, it’s different. They have three distinct groups of boxes that are designed to protect the contents but also to present themselves as attractive decorations for your home. These are chocolates that you would be proud to give as a gift, and ones that anyone would be delighted to receive.
Z Chocolat Collections
The Zbox Collection is a stark, black and white packaging that is designed to redefine what it means to see chocolates in a box. Each black and white Zbox comes in a black cotton pouch with a drawstring.
The Mahogany Collection takes things a step further. It’s not just a clever name; the Mahogany Collection consists of boxes that are literally handcrafted from fine mahogany wood. These come in a variety of sizes, ranging from a small one that holds only two pieces of chocolate to the “Ambrosia” box that holds 168 pieces. This box has a beautiful hinged lid and multiple drawers to keep you entertained.
The Chamelon Collection is interesting in a different way. These wooden boxes are can be customized. You can engrave an inscription directly on the box via laser cutting. You can also have a custom photo attached to the box, if you like. The Chamelon Collection packages are perfect for special occasion gift giving.
If you really want to pull out the stops, the Z Chocolat Extraordinaires might be perfect. These are huge, oversized chocolates, with one shaped like a diamond and one shaped like a heart. The heart weighs over a pound, and is packaged, by itself, in a beautiful wooden box.
I’ll let them describe it:
My Heart – The most romantic present: a voluptuous heart made of half a pound of pure love – and chocolate featured inside a mahogany box inlayed with the key to your heart. Its smooth, sensual exterior is comprised of resonant 70% Venezuelan dark chocolate. Within, resides a supreme praliné, studded with slow-roasted, caramelized Piedmont hazelnuts – saturated in unctuous, aromatic 40% Ivory Coast milk chocolate.
It’s truly something to see.
Finally, if you’re just not sure what you want, but you know you’ll likely want lots of everything, the Extraordinarires Collection includes 550 pieces, comprising every type of chocolate that Z Chocolat makes. It’s not for everyone (or for everyone’s wallet,) but if you want to make sure that you’re not missing out on anything, it’s a good choice.
The wooden boxes are nice, but what if you just want refills? That’s not a problem. You don’t have to buy an engraved mahogany box every time you order from Z Chocolat. They can easily arrange to sell you just refills and when they arrive, you can place them in the box you received last time.
Z Chocolat Concierge Service
If you aren’t sure what you want, and you need help shopping, Z Chocolat offers a concierge service. They’ll help you pick out what you need and help you every step of the way with ordering and delivery.
Z Chocolat Shipping
Shipping from Z Chocolat is quite reasonable. They ship to 244 different countries around the world via DHL. Their rates are currently €18.00 for up to five items delivered to one address. That’s about $21. Each additional item is about $6.
For summertime shipping, Z Chocolat uses special insulated packaging to ensure that your chocolates arrive safely.
They also ship packages without an invoice inside, so they’re perfect for gift giving. They can arrange for having a card included with the package or a heart combination padlock, or any one of a number of other special items for those who want to give romantic gifts.
In fact, they have an entire Romantic Collection for giving for those special occasions.
Z Chocolat Pricing
As you might expect, the chocolates from Z Chocolat are not inexpensive. That doesn’t mean that they cost a fortune. Prices will vary widely, depending on the number of pieces that you order, the packaging (mahogany boxes add quite a bit to the price) and whether or not you’re ordering gigantic pieces such as the 1 pound My Heart.
For the most part, you can expect to pay about $2-3 per chocolate for assortments of at least a dozen pieces, plus shipping. Special packages cost more, but in general, the larger the assortment, the less they cost per piece.
Z Chocolat Summary
If you like chocolate and you want to treat yourself or someone you love to some of the best chocolate the world has to offer, you should definitely take a look at Z Chocolat. They offer a great selection, their packaging is second to none, and they’re dedicated to providing great service, too.
All in all, it’s hard to go wrong with Z Chocolat if you’re a fan of fine chocolate.
Sewing Machines Plus Review
A few weeks ago, I did a review of a terrific site for buying fabric, and if you like to sew or quilt, you’ll definitely need fabric. Fabric alone isn’t going to get you a finished dress or quilt. Unless you’re a glutton for punishment, you’ll want a sewing or quilting machine.
If you’re like a lot of people, you likely have the one you inherited from Mom or even Grandma. That was great for them, but if you’re serious about sewing, you’ll want something better and more modern. That’s where Sewing Machines Plus can help.
Sewing Machines Plus sells sewing machines, as the name suggests. But they also sell a lot more than that, including just about anything you could possibly need to create anything using fabric and thread.
Sewing Machines Plus has hundreds of sewing machines, quilting machines, sergers and more, including ultra-heavy duty industrial machines, if you’re the sort that likes to sew in high volume.
They’ve also got free shipping on most orders, a great guarantee and a price policy that’s hard to beat.
Click here to visit the Sewing Machines Plus Website (new window)
Read on for the full Sewing Machines Plus review.
Sewing Machines Plus Overview
Sewing Machines Plus has been in business for more than 40 years. The company operates out of San Marcos, California, and they have an actual brick and mortar store there. If you’re in the neighborhood, you can stop in and look them up. On their site, you can also take a virtual tour of the store, so you can get a good idea of what they have in stock.
It’s a lot!
Most people who need a sewing machine either drag out their antique that’s been hanging around the family for decades or they run down to Wal-Mart or somewhere similar to buy whatever is available. If you’re sewing something once a year, either of those solutions might work for you.
If you sew on a regular basis (and you would, if you had a great machine,) you’ll want something better. But what do you need?
Sewing Machines Plus has hundreds of machines from which to choose, in a wide variety of specialties and price ranges. That means that you can buy the machine that you need at a price that you can afford.
They have them in prices ranging from a low of about $69.99 to a high of more than $13,000. Obviously, most people aren’t going to need a machine in that range, but there are literally hundreds of machines in between, each with their own unique features.
You just need to find the one you need. But sewing machines aren’t all they sell at Sewing Machines Plus. Sewing Machines Plus also sells sergers, quilting machines, embroidery machines (yes! Machines just for embroidery!), and industrial machines.
They also sell sewing furniture. Sure, you can sit your sewing machine on a card table if you like, but why not get a dedicated sewing table that has drawers for storing your thread, needles, bobbins and other accessories? You’d have everything in one convenient place.
Reasons to Shop at Sewing Machines Plus
There are a number of reasons why it makes sense to shop at Sewing Machines Plus, rather than to just buy a machine from anywhere. Here are a few of the benefits that Sewing Machines Plus has to offer:
- Free shipping within the lower 48 states on orders of $49 or more. Sewing machines are big, bulky, and heavy. They cost a lot to ship, but if at Sewing Machines Plus, it’s usually part of the price.
- Price match guarantee – Find it cheaper somewhere else? Let them know and they’ll match the price.
- Financing available. Don’t have the cash to pay in full right now? Sewing Machines Plus can arrange financing with low monthly payments and interest as low as 0%. Really. Check with them for details.
- 60 day money back guarantee – Sewing Machines Plus wants you to be happy with your purchase. If not, just give them a call and they’ll refund your money.
- Need help? Sewing Machines Plus has expert sewing machine consultants on staff. They can help you find the machine you need with the features you want. Just give them a call.
- Service – Sewing Machines Plus offers service for most makes and models of machines, from routine repairs to more serious problems.
- Three year warranty – Many of their machines (and all of their long-arm quilting machines) come with a free 3 year warranty against defects in materials and craftsmanship. That’s hard to beat.
- Lifetime support for your purchase. Buy your machine from Sewing Machines Plus, and they’ll help you out with any problems you have with it for the life of the machine.
It’s easy to shop at Sewing Machines Plus, too. You can select a category at their site, such as sewing machines or quilting machines, or you can browse the “Recently Added” section to see what’s new in their store.
Besides machines, Sewing Machines Plus also sells sewing supplies such as thread, bobbins, embroidery designs, needles, scissors, and even vacuum cleaners so you can clean up your mess after you’ve created your quilting masterpiece.
Sewing Machines Plus Summary
Buying a sewing machine is something that a lot of people do without giving it a lot of thought, mostly because they don’t realize that there are lots of machines out there and that buying the one that’s best-suited to your needs will save you both time and money.
Sewing Machines Plus can help you by providing you with the expertise you need in selecting a machine, along with having a stock of hundreds of machines from dozens of different brands. They offer free shipping on most purchases, a 60 day money back guarantee, financing on many of their machines, and fast shipping.
If you’re looking for a sewing or quilting machine, you should definitely give Sewing Machines Plus a look.
Most women want to have fashionable clothing, either for work or just for hanging out with friends. We want to look nice, but clothes can cost a fortune, unless you want to wear second hand clothing or you want to buy last year’s fashions from the clearance rack.
It costs a lot to look good and attractive, comfortable clothing usually isn’t cheap. There are exceptions to that, and one of those exceptions is Chicnico.
Chicnico is a mail order company that offers a great selection of casual wear. They have sweaters, dresses, blouses, jeans, tees, camisoles, jumpsuits, swimsuits and accessories, all at affordable prices.
Click here to shop at the Chicnico Website. (new window)
Read on for the full Chicnico review.
Chicnico is a mail order company that ships all over the world. If you live in the United States, their merchandise generally ships from Europe. They specialize in casual clothing and accessories, and their site adds new items nearly every day.
How many new items? Their “New Arrivals” section today had 340 items in it, from sweaters to blouses to jeans, and they were all reasonably priced. Sweaters, for instance, ranged in price from a low of $20 to a high of about $55. Dresses were similarly priced.
If you’re unsure as to what you should be shopping for, which is a common problem on larger fashion sites, you can always look at the “Best Selling” category. There, you’ll see the top 100 or so items that people have been buying at Chicnico as of late. This might help give you some ideas as to what you might want to buy for yourself.
Shipping at Chicnico is free on orders over $75, though sometimes, the site has specials where they offer shipping for less. They also have a clearance section, where you can find more than a hundred items that are discounted off of their regular price. Right now, as it’s nearly winter, they’re clearing out their summer wear at pretty terrific prices.
Chicnico makes it easy to find the size you need. Just click on an item, and you’ll be taken to its page. There, you’ll see a half a dozen different photos of the item in question, so you’ll have a good idea what it looks like. The sizing chart will not only list the sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL) but they’ll also give actual dimensions of the item.
I looked at a sweater, for instance, and it told me the bust size, sleeve length, and overall length of the item. In addition, a popout window appeared briefly to show me:
- How many people had previously looked at this particular item
- How many people had added this particular item to their cart
- How many people had purchased this item.
If the item is on sale, you’ll see a timer that shows you how much time remains until the sale is over.
Payment is easy at Chicnico; at the moment, they accept PayPal. That’s a good option for a number of reasons:
- PayPal is secure and can handle any problems that may arise with the transaction.
- You can pay using most major credit cards.
- If you have a PayPal account, you can pay from your bank.
Chicnico also has a blog on their site, with helpful fashion advice. Their latest articles, for example were “How to Wear All Black Without Looking Boring,” “Winter Outfit Ideas for You,” and “10 Stylish Ways to Tie a Silk Scarf.”
I was particularly pleased to see that the fashions at Chicnico looked as though they were designed to fit “real” people. A lot of mail order clothing these days comes from Asia, and while it’s often of good quality, the styles often seem designed to accommodate Asian women. That means that the dresses are often very tight, or they are in a style that only looks good on women who are thinner than most.
The Accessories section was a bit skimpy. While they had a nice selection of affordable and attractive jewelry, they only had 3-4 watches for sale and they had very little in their “Bags and Belts” section.
That’s a minor quibble, however. For the most part, I was quite pleased at the overall selection at Chicnico.
At Chicnico, they have styling that is suitable for just about anyone, and I was particularly pleased to see that they had a number of loose-fitting, oversized sweaters and tops.
Chicnico also has a number of sales going on at any given time. When I recently visited the site, they had a discount on casual cardigan sweaters, a discount on other sweaters, a discount on sweatshirts, and discounts on some of their cute and quite affordable jewelry.
I wasn’t sure what I was going to encounter when I visited the Chicnico site, but I was pleasantly surprised. They had a large selection of casual clothing in a variety of styles. They had a wide variety of sizes, too, though they don’t have a whole lot for plus-sized women.
I was pleased to see the prices, too. It’s nice to see sweaters and dresses priced in the $20-$40 range, instead of the $100+ range. That lets you get a little more for your money, and their current offer of free shipping on orders of over $75 certainly helps, too.
Plus, most of their clothes were quite attractive. I didn’t see a whole lot on the site that I wouldn’t be willing to wear and I saw virtually nothing of the “I wouldn’t want to be seen in public in that” variety.
Nearly everything at the Chicnico site was attractive, colorful, available in a variety of sizes, and fairly priced.
If you love buying clothes, but don’t have a huge budget but still want to find clothing that will look great, you should definitely give Chicnico a look.